The Megagauss XIV venue will be the
Wailea Beach Marriott Resort and Spa on the lovely island of Maui:
Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa
3700 Wailea Alanui Drive | Wailea, HI 96853
office 808.874.7882 | fax 808.874.7814
Click here for the Invitation Letter from the International Steering Committee.
Technical Program for Megagauss XIV includes Plenary, Invited, and
Contributed papers in the areas of multi-megajoule, multi-megampere
technology for exploring regimes of high energy density and the
technology for creating high energy density environments. Proceedings of the
Conference will be published in both print and electronic format on CD. The
electronic version of the proceedings will be included in the conference registration fee.
Click the following links to view the Conference Agenda and
Conference Schedule in
Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format (Opens in new window).
Ultrahigh magnetic field generation
- Non-destructive production of pulsed, high magnetic fields
- Explosively driven magnetic flux compression generators and high current sources
- High-current, high-power switching and power conditioning
- High energy liners
- Science in ultrahigh magnetic fields
- Mathematical modeling
- Diagnostics and experimental techniques
- Experiments for high-energy density in physics
- Related topics
Some of the Invited Talks for Megagauss XIV include:
- "Early History of Explosive Pulsed Power", Larry Altgilbers (SMDC)
- "2 MG Cluster Fusion Experiments", Roger Bengston (UT Austin)
- "Solid Liner Implosion Flux Compression Driven by Shiva Star", James Degnan (AFRL)
- "PTS Z-Pinch and High Magnetic Field Experiments", Jianjun Deng (CAEP)
- "History and Tribute to V. Mokhov", Sergey Garanin (VNIIEF)
- "LTD-Driven Magneto-Rayleigh-Taylor (MRT) Experiments", Ron Gilgenbach (Univ. of Michigan)
- "Thermonuclear System Based on Z-Pinch Radiation Produced by an Explosive Magnetic Generator", Andrey Ivanovsky (VNIIEF)
- "Magnetic Compression Experiments with Omega at LLE", James Knauer (Rochester)
- "Magnetized Fusion Reactor", Michael Laberge (General Fusion)
- "MG Fields at the Wuhan High Magnetic Field Center", Liang Li (WHMFC)
- "Simulations of MG Plasma Formation on Thickwire Metallic Surfaces", Irv Lindemuth (UNR)
- "MG Magnetic Fields at the NMHFL at LANL", Chuck Mielke (LANL)
- "Mathematical Modeling of Magnetic Fields in Complex Current-Carrying Structures", Bucur Novac (Loughborough Univ.)
- "Condensed Matter Liner Physics", Bob Reinovsky (LANL)
- "Explosive Flux Compression Generators at LLNL", David Reisman (LLNL)
- "Effect of Magnetic Fields on the Operation of Shaped Charges" Gennady Shvetsov, (Lavrentyev Institute)
- "Magnetic Liner Inertial Fusion (MagLIF) on Z", Daniel Sinars (SNL)
- "Destructive-Coil 100+ T Work at ISSP", ShojiroTakeyama (ISSP, Univ. of Tokyo)
- "Physical Evolution of Metal Surface Layers Exposed to Pulsed Megagauss Magnetic Fields", Peter Turchi (LANL)
General Chair: James Degnan
Technical Program Chair: Kenneth Struve
Conference Secretary: Charles Mielke
Conference Treasurer: James Goforth
Publication Chair: Gerald Kiuttu
Administrator and Registrar: To be identified
Kenneth W. Struve, Sandia National Laboratories
W.L. Baker, Consultant
J.B. Chase, Care'n LLC
J.H. Degnan, Air Force Research Lab.
R.J. Faehl, Los Alamos National Lab.
M.H. Frese, NumerEx, LLC
S.F. Garanin, VNIIEF
J.H. Goforth, Los Alamos National Lab.
J.H. Hammer, Lawrence Livermore National Lab.
Fritz Herlach, Katholic Univ., Leuven
A.V. Ivanovsky, VNIIEF
G.F. Kiuttu, VariTech Services
I.R. Lindemuth, University of Nevada, Reno
C.H. Mielke, LANL/NHMFL
H.L. Moore, Jr., US Army MSRD
A.A. Neuber, Texas Tech Univ.
B.M. Novac, Loughborough University
D.B. Reisman, Lawrence Livermore National Lab.
D.G. Rickel, LANL/NHMFL
N.F. Roderick, Univ. of New Mexico
G. A. Shvetsov, Lavrentyev Inst. of
R.B. Spielman, Raytheon/Ktech
D.G. Tasker, Los Alamos National Lab.
P.J. Turchi, Los Alamos National Lab.
P. VanDevender, Sandia National Labs.
INTERNATIONAL STEERING COMMITTEE
L.L. Altgilbers, USA
W.L. Baker, USA
V.A. Demidov, Russia
V.E. Fortov, Russia
S.F. Garanin, Russia
J.H. Goforth, USA
F. Herlach, Belgium
A.V. Ivanovsky, Russia
G.F. Kiuttu, USA
C.H. Mielke, USA
A. Neuber, USA
B.M. Novac, U.K.
R.E. Reinovsky, USA
H.J. Schneider-Muntau, USA
V.D. Selemir, Russia
G.A. Shneerson, Russia
G.A. Shvetsov, Russia
I.R. Smith, U.K.
K.W. Struve, USA
Sun Chungwei, China
S. Takeyama, Japan
V.M. Titov, Russia
P.J. Turchi, USA
Nuclear and Plasma Sciences Society
Pulsed Power Science and Technology Committee
Air Force Research Laboratory/Air Force Office of Scientific Research
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Sandia National Laboratories